Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beer...I missed you!

Last night I had a date night with the hubby while my in-laws watched Lil Moony. Even though it feels great to get out of the house and have an adult conversation (instead of talking in an extremely high pitched voice and making faces), I always feel bad dropping her off. She's in good hands, but I just miss her as soon as I leave. We did have a great time last night though, even if it only consisted of going out to eat and then walking aimlessly around Target, laughing about silly things and walking out of the store buying absolutely nothing.

One of the things that I missed the most during pregnancy was beer! I'm a lover of craft brews and giving up on enjoying new local drafts was a difficult task. When going out to eat, I would find myself asking hubby if I could just smell his beer. I would breathe in the aromas and just imagine how tasty it would be. I survived 42 weeks without the liquid deliciousness and for my valiant efforts of 30+ hours of labor, I believe I definitely deserved to indulge myself and enjoy a cold brew. Last night with dinner I had a Wachusett Quinn's Amber Ale. It was...delicious. Without beer for so long I had become a beer virgin!

On another note, Moony slept the whole night! I went to bed around midnight and put her in the bassinet. Next thing I know, it's 7:15 in the morning! Yay! It's going to be a beautiful day today. Enjoying my morning coffee while hubby plays Actraiser on the Wii and Moony relaxes in her swing. Hoping to get out of the house at a decent time today and spend some quality family time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment